The Founder Institute, the world’s premier startup launch program, was proud to host its first ever FounderX event, a private gathering of the FI Network in Silicon Valley that will bring together some of the biggest industry leaders from around the world. This 3-day long event from May 4 - 6, 2016 featured a series of networking events, workshops, and formal dinners, bringing together some of the top members from FI’s global network, including startup CEOs, technology executives, and Directors.
Registered attendees included startup founders and leaders from over 25 countries across the Founder Institute's global network. In addition, through a new 'FounderX Advisory Program', over 40 of our top up-and-coming Graduates participated in a VC roadshow to visit top Silicon Valley investors; such as Sequoia Capital, FLOODGATE, Venrock, Shasta Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Mohr Davidow, True Ventures, Founders Fund, Altos Ventures, Khosla Ventures, and 500 Startups.
FounderX is designed to facilitate meaningful connections across our global network, which spans 110+ cities and 60+ countries. In addition, the event celebrates the efforts of the members of our network, all of whom have used their talents to support local founders and foster entrepreneurial ecosystems around the world. Together, they have helped launch more than 2,100 Graduate companies, resulting in over 15,000 jobs created, and furthering FI’s mission of "Globalizing Silicon Valley."
Speakers for the first-ever FounderX event included:
- Jason Calacanis, LAUNCH and Inside.com: Jason is an entrepreneur, angel investor, and talk show host. He has invested in such companies, as Uber, Tumblr, and Evernote, and is the founder of ThisWeekIn.com and the host of the live streamed "This Week In Startups" show.
- Dan Arkind, JobScore: Dan is the Founder & CEO of JobScore, a freemium online hiring solution used by 1000+ employers. Dan is a 15+ year veteran of the tech startup talent wars and has filled every role from hire 0 to 150 at technology startups.
- Scott Heiferman, Meetup: Scott is the CEO and a co-founder of Meetup, the world's largest network of local groups that is dedicated to revitalizing local community and help people around the world self-organize. Meetup hosts nearly 20,000 events everyday.
- Scott Painter, Truecar: Scott is the Founder and CEO of TrueCar, an automotive solutions provider focused on changing how cars are sold. He is also the Co-Founder of Pricelock, which is providing protection from rising gas prices.
- Jordan B. Peterson, University of Toronto: Jordan is a tenured research and clinical PhD psychologist at the University of Toronto. His research includes self-deception, mythology, neuroscience, personality, deception, creativity, intelligence and motivation.
- Ana Baltodano, Founder Institute: Ana is the Founder and CEO Visualyst, an innovative social-retail destination for today's new-gen online shoppers. She also served as the Director of Global Mobile Innovators, and was the Co-founder and CEO of LocalHero.
- Daan Weddepohl, Peerby: Daan is a Graduate of the Amsterdam Founder Institute, and is the CEO and Founder of Peerby, a platform that enables users to borrow and rent the things they need from people in their neighborhoods.
- Eric Duffy, Pathgather: Eric is a Graduate of the New York Founder Institute, and is the Co-founder and CEO of Pathgather, a social learning platform for companies that connects people around personal and professional development.
- Jill Bourque, Rushtix: Jill is a Graduate of the Silicon Valley Founder Institute, and is the Founder and CEO of RushTix, the first unlimited subscription for local arts and culture. She previously served as the Co-Founder and CEO of Paiz Public Relations.
- Khalil Zahar, Hykso: Khalil is a Graduate of the Montreal Founder Institute, and is the Founder and CEO of Hykso, a Y-Combinator backed company that builds wrist sensors for boxing and MMA that is used for broadcast media and athlete monitoring.
- Ludovic Ulrich, Salesforce: Ludovic is the Head of Startup Relations at Salesforce, a customer success platform that uses mobile and cloud technology to help companies connect with customers, partners, and employees in entirely new ways.
- Matthieu Dejardins, NextUser: Matthieu is the CEO and Founder of NextUser, which enables marketers to map and respond to the full customer journey across any marketing channel. He is also the Founder of the Dell Founders Club 50.
- Mike Fleck, CipherPoint: Mike is the Co-founder of CipherPoint Software, the first provider of transparent data encryption solutions for SharePoint. He also currently serves as the Co-Founder and Board Member of Colorado Cyber.
- Mike Galarza, Entryless: Mike is the Founder and CEO of Entryless, which transforms the way businesses across the globe manage their expenses through automated services. He was also included in Business Insider’s "13 Badass Immigrants In Technology" list.
- Phil Alexander, ConceptDrop: Phil is the CEO and Founder of ConceptDrop, a leading marketplace that offers an on-demand design service, and is a member of 1871, a community of Chicago’s brightest digital designers, engineers and entrepreneurs.
- Roger Dickey, Gigster: Roger is the Founder and CEO of Gigster, which provides software development on demand. He is also an Investor and Advisor to 60+ great startups, including Docker, Addepar, Thiel Foundation, and the Disney Accelerator.
And of course, this event wouldn't have been possible without the generous support of our partners:
- SAP Startup Focus - Platinum Partner - The SAP Startup Focus program is a global program helping startups in the big data, predictive and real-time analytics space develop new applications on SAP HANA and accelerate market traction.
- CodigoDelSur - Bronze Partner - CodigoDelSur is an app design and development firm specializing in programming & maintenance, mobile development, web development and games.
- Ravix Group - Bronze Partner - Ravix Group provides seasoned consulting expertise to outsource the finance, accounting and human resources functions for early-stage and middle market companies.
- Salesforce for startups - Track Partner - Salesforce for Startups provides access to the technology, tools and expertise needed to become a customer and community-focused company – and succeed. Join to build, grow and give back with Salesforce technology, tools and expertise.
- ConceptDrop - Track Partner - ConceptDrop is a design on demand service in as little as 24 hours. Clients receive an agency-quality design that reinforces their brand in record time and at an affordable cost. FounderX invites get $50 off their next project.
- Gigster - Track Partner - Gigster connects you with Silicon Valley based product managers and top 1% software developers from their vetted talent pool. Get a guaranteed price quote and hire an elite development team in minutes.